6/04/2008

Logey On Your Right, Maverick

Someone who I know asked me why I was looking so glum today.

It's funny how expressions can be interpreted in so many different ways.

I'm not really glum about things. I'm mentally overworked, and maybe that's what's showing through in my facial features. A good night's sleep would help, but frankly I need a few of those nights in a row at this point, and that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I was in line a couple days ago audibly mumbling when some dude cut directly in line in front of me. I'm pretty good about letting things like that slide, but I didn't have the energy this time, and I mumbled on for quite a bit. I even thought ahead to the possibility he might respond, and I thought of saying, "Yeah, you cut in front of me and I'm mumbling about it...so?" or some similar B.S.

I'm probably not the greatest cheer-you-up source right now, but I'm not really in any mood to go all Muddy Waters and break out the blues chords on the gee-tar either.

I think David Letterman had a term for it - feeling logey. So that's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

3 comments:

Her Roo-ness said...

i HATE it when people tell me how I look.

its always people who don't do a hell of a lot with their life and don't get being worn the hell down. never your close friends who know WHY you are tired etc.

bah.

mumble away. you've earned it. and maybe... an in and out burger.

Kris said...

"I'm probably not the greatest cheer-you-up source right now"

You were enough of one the other night when you sent that PM. Thanks again, it did help.

Frankie said...

Joe,

Well all have our moments when we arent the greatest cheer up source around. But there are times when just by being you that you make a difference in someones life.