5/30/2008

A Year Lost?

On a totally separate topic, I'm beginning to think 2008 might be a "lost" year of sorts, at least on the run/triathlon front.

I've got a wicked case of peroneal tendinitis that I've kinda' let go for too long. My PT said I should really avoid anything that will irritate the area right now (especially running...ugh) and my motivation to do anything else (save for the strengthening exercises my PT has prescribed for me) is a bit muted

I've got two pretty much set-in-stone interruptions coming up to any training that I can get in the next month or two.

Later this year, there may be a work-related opportunity that would be exciting on one front, but it would throw any run/tri-related goals I had planned for late this year out the door

This is more of a reality check than anything. Something tells me 2009 could be a great year on the fitness front if I play my cards right. But motivation is a pretty tough thing to hold for something so far off in the future.

Who knows...there could be another fork in the road I haven't even contemplated. But we'll get to that if it comes

4 comments:

Her Roo-ness said...

get out there as you can, man. you of all people are allowed a funk.
but not to be funky. :D
xoxo

Kris said...

Maybe this break is just what you need to get over those nagging injuries. Then watch out world! I know that when the time is right, you will come back stronger than ever, and I hope I'm there at some of your events to witness it.

CactusTri said...

Hey there. Take care of yourself and the running/tri stuff will be there when you are better.

Stick with the PT and follow the drs orders to get better.

Frankie said...

Joe, I can totaly relate on how '08 just doesnt look good on the running front. But as others have said, listen to the PT and the Dr and you'll be back doing the things you love in no time.