5/30/2008

Ads And Dads



The last three weeks have been nuts. In fact, it made me forget I had a blog going until earlier today.

Much of it was a special project for my dad that I promised I'd help him with last year: putting together a program for a big local festival for which he is the acting chairperson for this year. A deadline of mid-April had ostensibly been set for submission of messages, ads, etc., but material was coming literally the day before the whole shebang was to be sent in to the printer.

Three all-niters in five days might be de rigeur for most college students. It's certainly not recommended for middle-aged adults...unless you're having a LOT of fun in return.

It was annoying at times. Hectic. Brain-deadening. Sometimes all at once.

But I saw the finalized product today. 80 pages worth, and pretty good looking. Better than last year's edition by far (I should know - I was given that thing last minute to try to rescue it when the person who had been in charge of it was out of town for the holidays.)

I'm glad it's over for certain - the lack of sleep plus the spare-time hours spent on the project from mid-May onward certainly has taken a toll on my mental sharpness as the month has marched onward. Early sentiment is to have me back to do the program again next year. I'll have to think about that...

4 comments:

Her Roo-ness said...

what is it what is it what is it????

i can't read that...SHARE!!!

um. please!w

Kris said...

:-) Good to see you back. I'd like to see the results of your hard work too if you can manage it.

Raquel said...

Ah...the annual Filipino festivals. I remember them well growing up. :) Good to see you back. Looking forward to the LIT meet-up on Friday.

Joe said...

Hey roo - are you talking about the logo I posted for the event?

If so, it basically translates to "Fiesta of the Nation". The festival is a celebration of the day the Philippines gained independence from Spain