4/29/2008

Seems Like Such A Long Time Yesterday


Time does funny things

Seems like I haven't typed into this blog forever, and I managed to grab a minute or two to pound the keyboard for a bit this night.

That said, I'm off to Oregon this weekend to meet up with some running buddies for the marathon in Eugene. Seemed like only yesterday when I was off on a plane over to Cincy almost one year ago to this date to what has become an annual ritual for the Queen City - The Flying Pig Marathon.

I loved the fancily decorated pig statues all over the town; it is but one aspect of the terrific support the city and its residents place into this event. Here is but one of the many porcine vanguards that dotted the cityscape that weekend.

I definitely wouldn't mind a second run at the Pig in the future. But for now, lovely Eugene is on the horizon for this runner.

Oh, I haven't mentioned I am a runner yet? More details on that in Part 2 of the yet-to-be-written Half The Man post. Hopefully that won't be too far down the road...

3 comments:

Her Roo-ness said...

or you could run columbus.
i'm just sayin'.

Kris said...

I second that motion. All in favor?

Kris said...

You have been tagged by Kris.
Rules:
1) Write your own six word memoir
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play